shiftWorks launches today!
Visit our seam Collective site to find out what it's all about and how you can get involved. We are so chuffed to have been awarded funding from several sources to make this project possible, including £15,000 from the Arts Council.
We would like to include your favourite shift dress images as part of the shiftWorks exhibitions in October. Fifty of the photos received that best show how the shift dress has changed with our changing culture will go on display as a backdrop to the shift dresses created by the members of the textile collective, seam. All the images will also feature in the gallery on the seam website, and some will be posted on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
This photo from around 1969 is of me and my brother. I'm wearing my favourite Clothkits shift dress that later went on to be worn by all my Danish cousins!
- 'Celebrating Art in the Garden' at West Lavington Manor
- The Contemporary Craft Festival, Bovey Tracey, Devon
- Read my latest newsletter
- Crafts Council Maker of the Week
- Surface Spotlight Live at the Surface Design Show
- Bursary Award Winner!
- Shiftworks at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen 4 March - 28 April 2016
- shiftworks is on tour to Stroud
- shiftWorks blog - Will I never learn??
- Handmade at Kew 8-11 October Stand G3
- shiftWorks 2015 is live!
- Design Nation, Decorex and the Southbank Centre
- Summer News from the Studio
- Vibrant colour and materials \\ read my first blog from the shiftWorks Project
- Fresh Air 2015 from Sunday 14 June - Sunday 5 July
- shiftWorks launches today!
- Selected for the brand new Crafts Council Directory
- Spotlight Exhibition & Meet the Maker
- Nominated for Arts Foundation Award
- My stand at 100% Design
- Visit me at 100% Design 17-20 September
- Suspended Glow Panels installed near Brighton
- Ribbon installation for opening of Bath Spa University by Lord David Puttnam CBE
- Runner Up in The Guardian & Dulux Let's Colour Awards 2014
- Buy the Blok Series online now!
- Nominated for Champagne Perrier-Jouet Arts Salon Prize 2014
- Selected at National Trust's Newark Park
- Circle Bath Spring Exhibition
- In the Guardian
- Surface Design Show 2014
- Launching new work at the Surface Design Show February 2014
- Introducing seam Christmas Show in Bath
- At the Eden Project!
- Featured in 'The Design Student's Handbook'
- New Work installed at FreshAir2013
- Awarded £1000 bursary!
- Artolo Art Party
- Two works selected for 10th Anniversary Show
- Newsletter November 2012
- Inspirational photobooks available to buy now (20% off until 31st December)
- Gloucester Cathedral Exhibition open to 31st December
- The Architecture of Cloth, Colour & Space at Gloucester Cathedral
- Linked one day symposium: The Architecture of Cloth, Colour and Space
- Shortlisted for FX 'Breakthrough Talent of the Year' Award!
- FX Magazine's 'One to Watch'
- Selected for Crafts Council Hothouse programme 2011
- BBC coverage of screens at Chelsea Flower Show 2011
- Shortlisted for Crafts Council Hothouse
- Holburne Museum gets dressed up for its re-opening
- Starring with Tom Selleck
- Selected for One Year On at New Designers
- Accepted for Tent 2011
- Illuminate Bath 2010