Linked one day symposium: The Architecture of Cloth, Colour and Space
A One Day Symposium on the theme of The Architecture of Cloth, Colour & Space: Saturday 27 October 2012 11 am – 6 pm
The Chapter House Room, Gloucester Cathedral
Stroud International Textiles are delighted to be presenting this day of discovery and debate in the glorious setting of Gloucester Cathedral where the accompanying exhibition is to be held.
We are pleased to announce that confirmed keynote speakers and contributors for the symposium are:
Ptolemy Mann - Chair
Anna Glasbrook - Textile artist & designer
Alex Haw - Architect & Director of Atmos Studios
Margo Selby - Weaver, textile designer and business entrepreneur
Sophie Smallhorn - Fine Artist and Architectural Colour consultant
Garth Lewis - Artist, writer and Colour specialist
Now, more than ever, we live in a climate where diversification and the exchange of ideas across several different disciplines is paramount; to survive creatively we have to apply our skills broadly but with finesse and personal signature. In keeping with the exhibition title: The Architecture of Cloth, Colour and Space this symposium aims to engage you in the working practice of exceptional people across the several disciplines the title defines.
A colour theorist who engages with computer technology and paint, an artist who wraps facades with colour, an architect who circumnavigates the world through food and innovation, a weaver bridging the commercial craft divide, a textile artist creating installations for outside spaces; they all bring something different to their respective worlds and ours. Join us in the monumental gothic space of Gloucester Cathedral for a day of creative provocation and glorious debate.
For more information and to book click here
- 'Celebrating Art in the Garden' at West Lavington Manor
- Read my latest newsletter
- Crafts Council Maker of the Week
- Surface Spotlight Live at the Surface Design Show
- Bursary Award Winner!
- Shiftworks at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen 4 March - 28 April 2016
- shiftworks is on tour to Stroud
- shiftWorks blog - Will I never learn??
- Handmade at Kew 8-11 October Stand G3
- shiftWorks 2015 is live!
- Design Nation, Decorex and the Southbank Centre
- Vibrant colour and materials \\ read my first blog from the shiftWorks Project
- Summer News from the Studio
- Fresh Air 2015 from Sunday 14 June - Sunday 5 July
- shiftWorks launches today!
- Selected for the brand new Crafts Council Directory
- Spotlight Exhibition & Meet the Maker
- Nominated for Arts Foundation Award
- My stand at 100% Design
- Visit me at 100% Design 17-20 September
- Suspended Glow Panels installed near Brighton
- Ribbon installation for opening of Bath Spa University by Lord David Puttnam CBE
- Runner Up in The Guardian & Dulux Let's Colour Awards 2014
- Buy the Blok Series online now!
- Nominated for Champagne Perrier-Jouet Arts Salon Prize 2014
- Selected at National Trust's Newark Park
- Circle Bath Spring Exhibition
- In the Guardian
- Surface Design Show 2014
- Launching new work at the Surface Design Show February 2014
- Introducing seam Christmas Show in Bath
- At the Eden Project!
- Featured in 'The Design Student's Handbook'
- New Work installed at FreshAir2013
- Awarded £1000 bursary!
- Artolo Art Party
- Two works selected for 10th Anniversary Show
- Newsletter November 2012
- Inspirational photobooks available to buy now (20% off until 31st December)
- Gloucester Cathedral Exhibition open to 31st December
- The Architecture of Cloth, Colour & Space at Gloucester Cathedral
- Linked one day symposium: The Architecture of Cloth, Colour and Space
- Shortlisted for FX 'Breakthrough Talent of the Year' Award!
- FX Magazine's 'One to Watch'
- Selected for Crafts Council Hothouse programme 2011
- BBC coverage of screens at Chelsea Flower Show 2011
- Shortlisted for Crafts Council Hothouse
- Holburne Museum gets dressed up for its re-opening
- Starring with Tom Selleck
- Selected for One Year On at New Designers
- Accepted for Tent 2011
- Illuminate Bath 2010